You will need to have administrator access to the content that you wish to delete.
If you only have author access to a file or folder, you can only delete content that they have uploaded. Anything that anyone one else uploaded, they will need administrator rights to delete it.
If the Administrator of the folder has the security settings set to where you need approval to post documents, your request to delete a file or folder will need to be approved by the administrator as well.
How to Delete Content
Follow the steps below to delete any content within AKO/DKO:
Log into AKO/DKO.
- Click on ‘Files’ located at the top of the page.
- You will need to find where the content is located within the AKO/DKO Files page.
- Put a check in the box next to the name of the component.
- Click on the ‘Delete’ button located towards the top right on the AKO/DKO files toolbar.
- There should get a message asking if you are sure you want to delete the item, click on ‘Yes’ and the component will be deleted.
Note: if they are trying to delete a folder or a files community, all content within the component will need to be deleted first including all files, subfolders, and subcommunities.