Before trying to log in to AKO/DKO using your CAC, please make sure your CAC is registered with your AKO/DKO account. For instructions on how to register your CAC with the AKO/DKO portal click here.
How To Login to AKO/DKO with your CAC:
- Go to https://www.us.army.mil/
- Click ‘I Accept’ button
- Click the ‘CAC/PIV Login’ button.
- Select your ID certificate, if requested. This can be identified by your CAC username: LAST.FIRST.MI.XXXXXXXXXX where the X’s represent your CAC’s EDIPI. Check WHAT IS MY EDIPI AND HOW CAN I LOCATE MINE? to learn more about EDIPI. If you see multiple certificates listed with your name you can clear out the old ones, for information on how to do this check HOW TO MAKE YOUR CAC CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE.
- Click ‘OK’.
- Enter your CAC PIN. If you have already logged in to your local computer using your CAC and PIN, AKO/DKO may not require any of this information, as it would be stored locally by your CAC authentication software.
- The system will validate your ID certificate and log you into the AKO/DKO portal.
How do I find out if I am CAC Logged In?
To make sure you have performed a CAC login, look at the login message in the upper left-hand corner of your browser tool bar. If you are CAC logged in, it will read “Army Knowledge Online [Your AKO/DKO Username] (CAC Session)”.
If you have been issued a new CAC, you will need to register your new CAC with AKO/DKO before you are able to log in with it. For instructions on how to register your newly-issued CAC click here.
Click here if you would like to watch a video on how to register your CAC. (You will need to open the video in an Internet Explorer browser and have Adobe Flash Player Version 7 enabled to view this video.)
For more information on this and other CAC related questions, please refer to the CAC Resource Center within AKO/DKO: https://www.us.army.mil/suite/page/241504