EDIPI (Electronic Data Interchange Personal Identifier) is a unique number that is associated with you and your CAC (Common Access Card).
In order to retrieve your EDIPI, you will need to have a CAC, CAC reader, and CAC middleware* installed on your machine.
- First, insert your CAC into the reader on your computer.
- From there, double-click the ActivClient Agent icon in your taskbar (Should look like a CAC reader with a blue Card sticking out of it).
- Double click ‘Personal Data’. You may need to enter your CAC pin to access your ‘Personal Data’.
- Click on the ‘Cardholder information’ tab.
- Your EDIPI will be the 10 digit number listed within the “DoD EDI Person Identifier” field.
If you do not see the ActivClient Agent Icon within your taskbar, try the following:
- Open an Internet Explorer browser.
- Click on ‘Tools.’
- Click on ‘Internet Options.’
- Click on the ‘Content’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Certificates’ button.
- Double click on any of your certificates.
- Look for the ‘Issued to’ line. The EDIPI will immediately follow your name.
- If you still cannot view your EDIPI, you will need to make sure you have the correct middleware installed on the computer.
*The middleware is not required if you are using Windows 7 and have a CAC that states “Gemalto TOP DL GX4 144″ (located on the back of the CAC, at the top above the magnetic strip in yellow writing).
To learn more on CAC, visit the AKO/DKO CAC Resource Center: https://www.us.army.mil/suite/page/241504