How do I create a new Files Community?
To create a new files community, you will need to be an administrator of the parent community your new community will fall under.
To become an administrator of a files community, you will need to contact the administrators of the community and request to be an administrator.
Request Admin Rights for a Community
To request administrative rights to a community:
- Locate the files community you wish to be an administrator of
- Click on the ‘Properties’ button on the Files toolbar
You will want to contact one of the primary administrators for administrator rights. If none of the primary administrators respond, you can then contact one of the inherited administrators.
Creating the Community
Once you are an administrator of the files community:
- Click on the ‘Properties’ for the files community
- Click on ‘New Community’ located on the right side
- Enter in the name of the new community and the description of the community
- Click on ‘Create’
For more information on content management within AKO/DKO, please go to the AKO/DKO training page: https://www.us.army.mil/suite/page/139150