How can I locate the files that are missing within my folder?
Where are my missing files?
There may be two reasons why your folder are missing:
Your folder may be a CAC-secured folder and is not visible due to logging in with a user name and password. If you log in using your CAC, you will be able to see your folder. FOUO (For Official Use Only) and Non-FOUO for information.
Another reason may be you have expired files within your folder that need to be restored. Files within a folder all have an expiration date. The expiration date on the files within a folder is defaulted at 365 days or 1 year.
When a file expired, it will still count towards the number of files that are located in a folder and it still counts toward the personal and teams quota if the file is located in a personal and teams folder.
How to reactivate a file
To reactivate a file, you will need to do the following:
- Log into AKO/DKO.
- Locate the folder but do not enter the folder.
- Hover your mouse over the name of the folder.
- Click on the ‘Administer Folder’ tab.
- Click on ‘File Expiration’.
- Check the files that you wish to reactivate and click on ‘Reactivate’.
How to extend the expiration date
You can change the amount of days that pass before files within your folder expire. To do this:
- Go back to ‘File Expiration’ within the folder. Look at the section above on how to get it to it.
- At the bottom of the screen enter in the desired number of days that the files within the folder are set to expire.
- Setting the Expiration to 0 will keep all files within the folder from expiring.
- Click on ‘Change’.
Changing the expiration date does not make all the files expire at the same time unless all the files were uploaded at the point in time or reactivated at the same time. The expiration date is determined by adding the number of days the file expiration will occur and the date the file is uploaded or reactivated.