When I create a new password for my AKO/DKO login, what are the requirements? Why won’t my new password be accepted?
When creating a password on the AKO/DKO Portal, certain requirements must be met to maintain the integrity of your account and personal information.
Your password has the following restrictions:
- Passwords are case sensitive
- It must be at least 10 characters
- It must contain at least 2 special characters: !@#$%^&*_-+=’:;.,
- It must contain at least 2 numbers
- It must contain at least 2 uppercase and 2 lowercase letters
- It must not be one of your last 10 passwords.
Avoid using common words or slang in your password, as these can leave you vulnerable to certain forms of hacking (ex. Red1White2Blue!!)
If your password meets all the above requirements and still doesn’t work, you may want to try changing the location of the special characters in your password, especially if the special characters are at the beginning of the password (i.e. @#sqaREE12).