What are the settings that are needed within Internet Explorer to ensure that AKO/DKO portal works properly?
If you are having issues with AKO/DKO where the portal is not working the way it should, you should clear your temporary internet files and check the settings within Internet Explorer. Instructions for deleting temporary internet files are in a separate help article regarding clearing your browse cache.
Follow the steps below to ensure you have the correct settings within Internet Explorer to use AKO/DKO:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on ‘Tools.’
- Click on ‘Internet Options.’
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab.
- Set the scroll bar on the left side of the page to the bottom so the screen reads “Accept All Cookies.”
- If the scroll bar is not visible, you will need to click on ‘Default’ to get it to appear.
- Make sure that the Pop-up blocker is turned off by unchecking the Pop-up blocker check box.
- Click on the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Scroll to the “Browsing” section.
- Ensure that “Enable third party browser extensions” is unchecked.
- Scroll down to the “Security” section and at the bottom of the list.
- Verify that the following are checked: “Use SSL 3.0,” and “Use TLS 1.0.” Make sure “Use SSL 2.0” is unchecked.
- Click on ‘Apply.’
- Click on ‘OK.’
- Close all internet browsers.
- Reopen a new browser.
- Attempt to do what you were trying to again.
If you get a “Page Cannot be Displayed” error, please click here for further troubleshooting tips.
If the settings above do not work, restart your computer and then try it again or you can try using another browser.