Do you have a question about the AKO/DKO portal? This help file is a launching point for the other help files in our site and will help you navigate our Frequently Asked Questions. Just click on any subject below to be taken to the help file for that subject.
Table of Contents
The following table of contents is a list of our FAQs that assist with navigating the AKO/DKO portal. Click on the subject to go to the related FAQ.
AKO/DKO Portal Information
- AKO Webmail
- What is Army Knowledge Online (AKO)?
- What is Defense Knowledge Online (DKO)?
- Edit Favorites
- Locate Other Users (People Search)
- Report Abuse
- Level of Information AKO/DKO is Allowed to Support
- Video Messaging
- Low Bandwidth Access (Formerly known as AKO Lite)
- DoD Root Certificate
- Certificate Error Accessing the AKO/DKO Portal
- Error 403 when accessing the AKO/DKO portal
Tools & Services
AKO/DKO Tools & Services refer to the section in the top right of the home page that list the broad features of AKO available to you. A brief description of each follows.
- Email – This is a globally accessible email account you log in to using your AKO/DKO account. For more information about AKO/DKO email
- Files – The files area can be used to share files between any AKO/DKO members across the globe. For more information about the Files area:
- AKO/DKO Files Page: Functions
- AKO/DKO Files Page: Hierarchy
- AKO/DKO Files Page: Security
- Personal & Teams vs. U.S. Organization
- Organization Folders / File Storage Limit
- Folder Security Settings
- Files Expiration / Missing Files
- Files Communities: Create New
- Delete files, folders, or file communities
- Corrupt zip file or exceeds 200MB
- Tools and Services
- Page Creation
- Edit Page options
- How do I delete a page?
- Channel Guide
- Branding your AKO Page
- AKO Page Administration Options
- How do I find ‘Page Properties’ and what can I do with it?
- Contact AKO Page Administrators
- Display HTML on an AKO/DKO page
- Related Content on AKO
- Edit Profile Page
Groups - Groups on AKO/DKO are used to control access and maintain lists of user groups. For more information about Groups
- My Group
- Team Group
- AKO Groups: Community Group
- AKO Group: Organizational Group
- AKO Groups: Rules-Based Groups
- AKO Groups: Removing Myself from a Group
- AKO Groups: List of Group Members
- AKO Group: Delete Group